Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 1

Ok, so the challenge started today.  We will each have our own hurdles and we will each view this challenge a little differently.  This is what it means to me.  No dessert, no white bread, no white rice, potatoes.  Did I mention no dessert?  Ouch.  I LOVE my sweets.  

I started off pretty well this morning until I went into Whole Foods to grab some fruit, veggies and some soup.  I love Whole Foods.  I wish I didn't because it is so expensive but I do.  On any other day I would have tried every sample I walked by, because they are free and well quite frankly samples don't have calories, right?  They are just samples it isn't really a meal per se therefore, it doesn't count.  I will have you know that I ate NO samples.  NADA.  I walked out with a seafood chili and a whole grain roll that weighed about as much as the kettle bell that I swung that morning.  I felt great and the soup rocked!  

The past year I have also gotten into a bad habit of having something sweet after dinner.  It may just have been a popsicle or a Skinny Cow sandwich or fudge bar but nonetheless it is something that I don't need and for the next 10 days will count it out of my eating plan.  I finished my meal with an orange.  

Nice work on completing day one!!  


3 comments:

Sandy said...

Well, I made it through lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. I had half of a cobb salad with ranch dressing and a water. No bread, no pizza, no dessert. However, tonight was Chaney's vball banquet and I did have a piece of cake and a small amount (1/4 cup) of white pasta along with my whole wheat pasta. I started cutting out the processed sugars on Friday, though, so I'm not going to give up on this challenge. I'm going to keep on keeping on for the rest of the time!

Feng said...

Great job guys! Keep up the good work. I'm a complete sucker for samples at Whole Paycheck myself -- I think I've put away probably a couple hundred calories in samples on previous visits there. You never know how much you've ingested till you walk out of the store and realize that you're strangely full! That being said, on my cheat day I'm going to pay a visit to both the Whole Foods stores in Ann Arbor and gleefully indulge in all the samples I can get my hands on. Hee hee.

Melissa Gerharter said...

Nice job Sandy making it through lunch! The important thing to think about is how your body felt after eating the cake. Did you notice anything? did you feel sluggish, belly ache, etc..(besides that it tasted really good?) Keep at it!